Our mission is to create better lives for men and women globally through delivering innovative protective, supportive apparel and building a business that has a positive social impact on both humanity and our environment.
Please send a cover letter with why you want to work with us along with your resume/cv to email@example.com to apply for the below roles. You must be an Australian Citizen or permanent resident to apply to these roles.
CURRENT POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Applications for the below role close 11.59pm, 1st December 2019
- Head of Product & Innovation
HEAD OF PRODUCT & INNOVATION - FULL TIME
The Modibodi brand is built on a world-first innovation, which is why innovation is at the heart of everything we do and one of our most important values.
In this newly created role, the Head of Product & Innovation will be responsible for developing and delivering the product innovation pipeline across the Modibodi, RED and MO brands.
This role requires a lateral thinker who is able to deliver against the business and brand strategies with disruptive and industry-changing products that are produced in a competitive, profitable and timely manner.
As an innovator, you will undoubtedly face challenges but you see these as opportunities to step up and find creative solutions whether it be through your technical knowledge or using your supplier network.
Your passion for innovation doesn’t come through in product alone but in the way you work as you seek ways to simplify processes and drive quality and speed in innovation.
Product innovation pipeline and roadmap
- Improve design, quality and functionality of current product range to maintain a competitive advantage
- Build a pipeline of new products quickly to differentiate MB from competitor products, that use technology to address unmet needs, and/or reduce ecological impact
- From product pipeline establish a regular seasonal launch program (every 2 months, not 3)
- Own and project manage the product innovation process
- Project status reporting to sponsors, stakeholders, and leadership
- Regularly review competitor products
Commercialisation from concept to consumer
- Development of briefs to meet consumer expectations, costing targets and go to market dates
- Work with third-party partners to develop new concepts in textile and multi-function product lines to solve product brief
- Direct efforts in any special garment development
- Manage prototype process from samples, testing, and approvals
- Manage design and seasonal colour range for all products
- Create technical specs and set QA standards
- Identify risk analysis and commercial viability of product innovation
- Work both within and outside the supply chain vendor base to solve innovation challenges put forward in product briefs
- Stay abreast of worldwide market conditions and developments in the global innovation space
- Interface with raw materials, design, technical design, and operations to provide technical support during the pre-production and production processes in order to alleviate problems during production
- Foster collaboration internally working across marketing, supply chain/ops and finance teams and externally through the end-to-end supplier network
- Improve the way the innovation function interacts with the rest of the Modibodi business through effective communication and aligned processes
- Implement ongoing personal and professional development strategies and plans to improve job performance and working relationships as agreed with the direct manager
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment
- Innovative with creative flair
- Seeks ways to improve processes and ways of working
- Able to anticipate and understand consumer' needs and key drivers
- Fully aligned to Modibodi’s values and objectives
- Demonstrated innovation experience
- Commercialising cutting-edge ideas
- Strong decision making and negotiating skills
- Resourceful, organized, and adaptable to change
- Confident communicator with developed presentation skills
- 10+ years of experience in Product Development with expertise in textile/ apparel development
- Extensive knowledge in technical textiles, garment construction, raw materials, trim, production and manufacturing, trade, supplier, and vendor market knowledge
- Extensive travel background a plus, particularly in production markets
- Undergraduate degree in a related field
Key success factors
- Develop an I&R roadmap aligned to business strategy
- Deliver agreed 12-month pipeline across Modibodi, RED and MO Brands
- Focus on impactful ideas that are volume-driven, profit-seeking, and long-term focused
- Modibodi leading innovation in its global competitive set (top 4 brands)
To match with our corporate culture, you will:
- Be achievement-oriented and results-driven.
- Self-actualised on what’s working and what requires improvement.
- Openly seeks and provides feedback to others.
- Enjoy working as part of a team.
- Be respectful of others and open minded.
- Be highly innovative, resourceful and adaptable.
- Customer and solutions focused.