In 2022 we are partnering with Twenty 10 to further support the LGBTQIA+ and elevate their voices and support them were needed.
Twenty10 offers a broad range of support programs for LGBTQIA+ young people, and people of all ages. In 2022 their organisation turns 40, founded by volunteers in Darlinghurst, Australia as homeless crisis refuge, and is now Australia’s largest and longest running LGBTQIA+ youth housing organisation.
Twenty 10 offers support through face-to-face and online services. Their versatile days include the below:
- Supporting their transitional housing clients with case management and a broad range of other supports
- Providing psycho-social support spaces in Inner Sydney, Western Sydney and in telehealth spaces
- Some of the groups are therapeutic, others are personal and professional development, creative development and event-based activities such as annual art exhibition Show Ponies or Mardi Gras participation
- Providing information and referrals through their intake line – which can vary greatly from young people directly or their families and carers; other support services; schools and specialist workers
- Provide free, unlimited counselling to young LGBTQIA+ people
- Provide brokerage and practical supports such as food hampers; vouchers; goods and other essentials
- Deliver training to a wide range of clients including educational spaces; health and mental health services; schools; corporate environments and Government at each level – and more
- Sit on advisory groups and advocate for our communities through advice; subject matter expertise or public policies and submissions
- Participate in academic research projects to grow the evidence and data that assist our communities
- Deliver NSW bases services for QLife – Australia’s National, free anonymous peer support phone and message service.
The tremendous work and support they put into the LGBTQIA+ community is incredibly inspiring and uplifting.
To help support Twenty 10 and their upcoming programs, we are donating a portion of our sales of the Modibodi X Brief Rainbow to their new program Spring Fling.